Alternate Punchlines Include: But You’re Right, There’s “No Such Thing As Cis Privilege”
As a trans woman, I can’t:
- Be femme (because I’m “over-performing” my gender, to quote Julie Bindel, and reinforcing the patriarchy besides by relying on harmful stereotypes of womanhood)
- Be butch or even not femme (because therapists wouldn’t even listen to me if my gender expression wasn’t Princess Peach [you ever think of that as an explanation, Julie Bindel?])
- Be assertive (because I’m “exercising my male privilege” and “innate masculinity” [because saying women can’t be confident is good feminism])
- Be passive (again, reinforcing the patriarchy)
- Be straight (because I’m “actually a deranged gay man desperate to fit into the patriarchy”)
- Be gay (because I’m “actually a deranged straight man desperate to get my dick into lesbian-only spaces”)
- Have sexual reassignment surgery (because it’s “unnecessary genital mutilation” according to people for whom it is completely unnecessary and “won’t make [me] a woman any more than shoving a vacuum down one’s pants makes them a man” [how right you are, BEING A WOMAN MAKES ME A WOMAN])
- Not have sexual reassignment surgery (because I’d be faking it if I wanted to keep my penis and having a penis makes me a horrifying nuclear reactor of masculine rape energy that will trigger everyone around me even if I wear two layers of tights over underwear and under pants and never remove any of them)
- Ever use a bathroom ever, you disgusting deviant, just your existence is harassment
- Get any support from the Salvation Army, who would literally just let me die on their steps
- Automatically assume that someone who identifies as feminist or even queer is a friend to me
- Ever know with certainty that I wasn’t fired or just didn’t get a job at all because someone along the line realized I’m trans
- Travel without being detained for years because my passport says M and I’m F
- Date anyone without being afraid that telling them will repulse them to the point of murdering me and then literally submitting to a jury of their peers that my being transgender was so horrifying that it drove them temporarily insane
But, you know, being called ‘cis’ on the Internet sounds rough too.
Feminism is like the red pill in the Matrix.
Suddenly you’re watching everyone walk around in this delusion and reality is terrifying.
There’s a reason this exists:
HOLY SHIT I HAD NO IDEA THIS GEM EXISTED.
THIS IS SO.. WOW. I CANT